Bike to Work Day 2017.
Bike to Work Day's mission is to encourage people working in the downtown core and surrounding neighborhoods to try biking to work, in the hopes that they might continue to cycle to work all season long.
Gold & Silver & Bronze Bike Shop Sponsors
There are 8 Energy Pit Stop Stations throughout downtown, and our home base will be at Eau Claire Market in the North Plaza.
Our Generous Donors:
New for 2017!
Check back soon for some awesome anouncements.
Energy Pit-Stop Station Locations:
For 2017's Bike to Work Day on May 5th, 10 Energy Pit-Stop Stations will be located along Calgary's downtown bike commute routs to provide free beverages, snacks, and good cheer to cyclists. Use the links below for maps of our Energy Pit-Stop Stations and to see which bike shop will be at each location.
The links below are to the 2016 Energy Pit-Stop Station maps (but they'll still give you a great idea of where to find a station on your way to work!). Check back closer to spring for our 2017 maps.
See you in the bike lane!
Energy Pit-Stop Station Map
Calgary will be celebrating the eleventh annual Bike to Work Day on May 5th, 2017. This year’s eleventh anniversary will be bigger and better than ever! We will have ten different bike pit stops along the bike route for participants to stop at and receive bike tune-ups and free giveaways. The event culminates at Eau Claire Market with a free pancake breakfast, live music and an opportunity for vendors to promote their business. This event helps to bring Calgary together as a community to promote cycling as a healthy, convenient, efficient, low-cost and socially responsible means of transportation. This in turn contributes to a reduction of inner city traffic, congestion and pollution. We are encouraging people from all walks of life to participate and learn about how to maintain their health and reduce their environmental footprint through cycling.
1. Bow River LRT Bridge – South side of the river, on the Bow River Pathway, near the 3rd Avenue SW entry 2. Prince’s Island- North side of the island, on the South side of the Bow River Pathway Bridge
3. Elbow Drive & 4th Street SW—North side of the Elbow River, along the El-bow River Walk, West side of 4th Street SW
4. Fort Calgary- West side of the Elbow River, along the River Walk Pathway, North of 9th Ave SE
5. Corner of 8th Avenue & 7th Street SW
6. 12th Avenue & 5th Street
7. River Walk-South side of the river, West of the 4th Street NE Bridge
8. Peace Bridge-North side of the river, on the Bow River Pathway
Free Pancake Breakfast and Prizes!
Each year we host a free pancake breakfast at Eau Claire Market where a number of different Calgary bike shops set up to give away free stuff, educate, and do tune-ups on your bikes. There are also lots of bike contests and giveaways, so come on down and try to win a bike!
Here are some of our 2016 bike winners: